“FELT” is a textile structure composed of fibers physically interlocked and consolidated by the utilization of Mechanical Work, Chemical Action, Moisture.
No weaving, knitting, stiching, thermal bonding or adhesives unlike other textile fabrics. Wool is the basic and only raw material used in felts.
- No effect of lubricating oil, organic solvents & dilute inorganic acids to felt.
- Felt is unchanged by temperature in the range of -15°C to 100°C (-60°F to 212°F). No effect of diverse atmospheric condition.
- Felt can be made to engineer’s requirement
- Felt is easy to put into any desired Shape/Form
- Non-glazing: wool felt doesn’t get glazed even after continuous rubbing
- Polishing and Buffing
- Wicking & Lubrication
- Spacing & Sealing
- Surfacing, Padding, Cushioning
- Sound absorption & Vibration isolation
- Frictional application
- Thermal Insulation